Self Lube Bearings
A self lube bearing unit is a combination of a radial ball bearing, seal, and a housing of high-grade cast iron or pressed steel, which comes in various shapes. The outer surface of the bearing and the internal surface of the housing are spherical, so that the unit is self-aligning.
There are three main types of housing:pillow blocks, square flanged units and oval flanged units. The bearings and housings can be supplied seperately.
Pillow blocks with bearings mounted in rigid housings of simple construction are the most common bearing units. They are extensively used for various kinds of transmission equipment and machinery.
Square Flanged Units
These bearing housings have square flange which can be easily attached to a machine with four bolts. With its simple mounting face, this bearing unit is widely used.
Oval Flanged Units
These bearing housings have oval flanges which can be easily installed onto a machine with two bolts. This type of bearing unit is suitable where mounting space is limited or where it is necessary to minimize the distance between shafts. The distance between bolt holes of an oval flange type is generally equal to the distance between bolt holes diagonal position of square flange type.
Plummer block housings can be used with high-capacity spherical roller bearings or self-aligning ball bearings. They are manufactured from high-strength cast iron as standard but are also available in cast steel or spheroidal graphite cast iron. The housings have a re-lubrication facility and can be used with either oil or grease lubrication.
- Split plummer block design allows for easy mounting and dismounting of pre-assembled shafts.
- Range of sealing options including oil seals, labyrinth seals, or heavy-duty taconite seals.
- Case end covers are available.
- Multi-relubrication points are provided to ensure relubrication of the bearing depending on orientation.
- Housing are supplied with spacer rings in order to provide axial location. Those can be omitted for "free end" axial front.
If you are unable to find the product you require or if you want more information on any of our products or services please contact us.